Sunday, November 11, 2012

3d book teaser update - Lighting

Here's a first view on the proposed lighting concept we're thinking for the overall look of the teaser. The background is an actual picture of Montreal's Old Port. With a bit of blur added, it gives a more natural feel with the 3d Kara, and she seems to blend in very well. I think the lighting is superb. They've done a fantastic job integrating the 3d character with the 2d background.

 
 
A glimpse at some animated shots, but the lighting is not approved yet. This is Kara at the beginning of the book, just moments before she gets hit by the bus...
 



9 comments:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEP. My excitement can't even be contained right now. <33 I saw this and i squealed. And then my sister looked at me weird. I DON'T EVEN CARE <3 It looks amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole. I'm SO pleased with the overall look for the teaser. It's amazing. I can't wait to show you guys more!

      Delete
  2. love the Soul Guardians Books:) got book 1 & 2 from a friend but that is as far as i can go :( the rest of the books are to expensive in South Africa. :) cant wait to see the 3D book teaser xxx jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie, i'm very happy you enjoyed the books. Sorry to hear the books are expensive...i didn't know that. Hopefully, the prices will come down.

      The teaser should be ready around April-May 2013. I can't wait to show it to all you guys!

      Delete
  3. Omg i have been looking at all of the things you have on the website and I am so freaking excited you have done an amazing job with everything you are also a great author. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, u r by far my favorite author EVER!!!! Ihave no clue how u do it but u make the books seem magical and alive! I am so exited for book six to come out! I hope it comes out soon! My eyes are always locked on the books when i start reading them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best compliment to give a writer. Thanks Hannah!

      Delete